… If you have ideas on what you want the ECO framework to do and you have a business case that requires it NOW you should not just post the idea to the forum and hope for the best. What you should do is this:
- Describe the feature to YOUR stakeholders
- Ask us for an estimate for adding the feature to the framework – if we think it is a good idea we will provide an estimate. If we do not think it is a good idea we will tell you why.
- If your stakeholders accept this price and understand that the resulting work will be part of the framework and not their own (no exclusivity) you order the extension from us.
- We make it a priority to create the feature and deliver it (fixed price according to estimate) as a new ECO release
- You, as the financer, get the first versions to verify that this is what you ordered and it matches your needs.
Voila a new feature has been added to the ECO framework for everyone to enjoy.
We call this strategy “User paid extensions”. Use it – it works.