MVC White paper in 4 parts

Use CapableObjects with MVC – this is how //www.capableobjects.com/xdownloads/Doing%20MVC%20with%20CapableObjects.pdf

The document handles new model driven controllers for MVC and Wecpof for MVC and a few things in between.

Please give me feedback on content. Please try the things in the document. A new sample that I used is added.

Further reading: //www.capableobjects.com/2011/02/27/wecpof-getting-to-the-bottom-of-the-line-of-business-application/

//www.capableobjects.com/2011/02/27/wecpof-the-icing-on-the-model-driven-cake/¨

//www.capableobjects.com/2013/12/30/the-concept-application-whenandwhereproject/

This entry was posted in MVC, WECPOF. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to MVC White paper in 4 parts

1. Pena says:

A Very Big Thank You !!!

Rosor för dig!

2. guest00 says:

Just came to the site to reread the MVC articles and found your pdf.

Love this:

“…Once I have wecpof set up this way I do not need to write more mundane code – I can define actions
    and viewmodels in the model and the MVC app will follow…”

THANKS A LOT!!!

3. guest00 says:

Hi CO!

Found one problem in the document – MDriven Framework for visualstudio 2012 PRODUCTION – EcoSetup_7.0.0.7218_Nightly_vs2012.exe.

Public static class EcoExtensions is missing in the EcoProject1EcoSpace when user follows the steps i the document. So item.ExternalId() doesn’t work in the Index view.

Solution – to add this class manually.

4. wangwei.njcn says:

how to set the auto create field ExternalId of class1 with the result of query ?
    thank you!

5. SteveA says:

I’m new to MVC
    I find that @Html.ActionLink(“Edit”, “Edit”, new { id=item.ExternalId() })
    is not good if your class has an attribute called “id”

I have id:int and (ModelState.IsValid) is false because id=”6!2323″
    instead I have to use
    @Html.ActionLink(“Edit”, “Edit”, new { idForEdit=item.ExternalId() }) |
    and now it works.

I have the impression I am using an undeclared variable “idForEdit” in Index.cshtml
    which has to match “public ActionResult Edit(string idForEdit)” in the Controller.cs
    – this seems so primitive – have I missed something ?

6. Admin says:

Yes you are correct – MVC uses a lot of “this name is used here – so look for that name there”.

The MVC framework use reflection – and location and naming to match views with controllers and attributes with action arguments.

It takes some getting used to 😉

7. guest00 says:

Hi!

I’m trying to rerun examples and I found that htmlhelper DisplayWecpofUI() is missing in Eco.MVC
    Question – what do I need to use to complete exercises from Part3 and Part4?

Regards,
    Alexandr

8. guest00 says:

Hi
    Found DisplayWecpofUIBootstrap3() and it works,
    CO – same question might be asked by newbies in MDriven during the ASP.MVC white papers exercises. Time to change pdf?

Thank you!